Body Kits are featured in most titles for styling purposes; in the Underground series, the installation of a body kit improves the Star Rating for a car by four or more stars. In Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Need for Speed: Carbon, players could reduce their Heat Level with a new body kit.
Performance improvements were first introduced in Need for Speed: Underground 2 which allows players to adjust their downforce settings in the Dyno. Most Wanted and Carbon offer a similar feature in the Pause menu. Body kits in Need for Speed: ProStreet have a huge effect on the performance of a vehicle, as they increase the complete performance level of a car and allow the player to modify it towards either downforce or drag.
- Need for Speed: Underground/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Underground 2/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Carbon/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Pro Street/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Undercover/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: Shift/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: World/Body Kits
- Need for Speed: The Run/Body Kits
- Shift 2: Unleashed/Body Kits
- Need for Speed (2015)/Body Kits
- Players are able to convert their body kit to carbon fibre in Underground 2. A carbon fibre converted wide body kit covers the whole car excluding the roof, trunk and hood in unpainted carbon fibre.
|Customisation in Need for Speed|
|Body||Body Kits • Brake Calipers • Brake Discs • Bumpers • Canards • Diffusers • Exhaust Tips • Hoods |
Licence Plates • Lights • Rims • Roof Scoops • Side Skirts • Splitter • Spoilers • Trunk Lids • Tyres
|Paint||Decals • Paint • Vinyls • Window Tint • Wraps|
|Specialties||Custom Gauges • Doors • Hydraulics • Neon • Nitrous Purge • Spinners • Trunk Audio|