|Viper SRT-10 (2003)|
|2003 - 2008|
|510 bhp @ 5600 rpm|
|535 lb·ft @ 4200 rpm|
|190 mph (306 km/h)|
|1530 kg (3373 lbs)|
In comparison to its predecessor, the Viper SRT-10 has a newly styled exterior and a larger and more powerful version of the previously utilised 8.0L V10. It reuses the double stripes and the roof shape of the GTS.
Need for Speed: Most WantedEdit
The strongest aspect of the car is acceleration although it tends to oversteer very easily in corners due to a rear-wheel drive configuration and high torque. Its heavy weight makes it useful in Pursuit.
Need for Speed: CarbonEdit
The Viper SRT-10 appears in Need for Speed: Carbon as a Tier 3 Muscle class vehicle with a $150,000 price tag. It can be unlocked by differing means depending on the player's starting vehicle:
- Exotic Career - Win the Speedtrap event of the Shady Pines territory in Silverton.
- Muscle Career - Take over the Neon Mile territory in Silverton.
- Tuner Career - Take over the Shady Pines territory in Silverton.
The acceleration of the Viper SRT-10 remained unchanged in the title. It is the most effective Tier 3 Muscle car in that field. Main drawback of the Viper SRT-10 is its loose handling, which is worse than the Chevrolet Corvette Z06.
Need for Speed: ProStreetEdit
The Viper SRT-10 appears in Need for Speed: ProStreet as a Tier 3 vehicle with a $80,000 price tag. It is made available as an optional reward to the player upon them dominating the Super Promotion Challenge: Autobahnring.
It is a competitive Drag and Speed Challenge car with powerful acceleration, which comes at the cost of handling.
Need for Speed: UndercoverEdit
The Viper SRT-10 appears in Need for Speed: Undercover as a Tier 2 vehicle with a $195,000 price tag. It is unlocked upon reaching Wheelman Level 9.5. It appears in the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases with a price tag of $78,000.
The SRT-10 is one of the fastest accelerating Tier 2 cars, being up to par with the Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG and 1967 Shelby GT500. Handling counts as one of its weaker traits. Top speed is 216 mph (347 km/h).
Brad "Nickel" Rogers drives a white Viper SRT-10 with black stripes, which is unlockable in the Boss Car Pack DLC. It has a high top speed of 245 mph (394 km/h), overwhelming acceleration and twitchy handling. It is competitive in any kind of game mode.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted is the only title in the series to feature the Viper SRT-10 without its double stripes.
- JV drives a green Viper, which can be obtained by the player as a reward card pink slip.
- The Viper SRT-10 is available as a Tier 3 Bonus Drift car for Race Day mode use in Need for Speed: ProStreet.
- An Energizer Lithium themed Viper SRT-10 will be added to the player's garage upon entering the cheat code "WORLDSLONGESTLASTING" in Need for Speed: ProStreet.
|Dodge Viper (Model Range)|
|RT-10 • GTS (1996) • SRT-10 (2003) • SRT-10 (2008) • SRT-10 Final Edition • SRT-10 ACR|
|GTS (2012) • TA|