|Mode of Operation||
SCPD, RCPD, Racers
Available to both Racers and Cops, the EMP must lock onto a target in order to fire an electrical pulse which will damage the target. The EMP will take time to recharge after each use but the player will be notified when it is available.
Players can evade an EMP lock on from a rival by slowing down and allowing the rival to overtake them, getting too far ahead of the rival for the EMP to be able to lock on, wrecking the rival, deploying a spike strip on the targeting rival or deploying a Jammer.
- An EMP can momentarily affect a vehicle's handling upon impact.
- As a racer, an EMP can be locked onto members of the same faction.
- The EMP can lock onto SCPD helicopters and cause the chopper to prematurely leave the pursuit upon a hit.
- Any EMP can be deactivated by a Jammer.
- A player that is hit with a spike strip during a lock-on will have no chance to attack the target, resulting in a wasted EMP.
- AI opponents in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) that abruptly lower their speed always attempt to lock onto the player.
|Equipment in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)|