|Mode of Operation||
A Jammer is a device used by the Racers in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and Need for Speed: Rivals to jam the devices of nearby SCPD/RCPD units in the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC releases. The Jammer can deactivate EMP lock-ons, collapse spike strips, temporarily crash the HUD of SCPD units, and scramble SCPD Equipment communications.
The Jammer has a certain radius in which it can affect police units and will only scramble communications for a short amount of time. Upgrades for the jammer include a wider radius and longer duration. The Racer who uses a Jammer will be notified of nearby Roadblocks along the course on their HUD.
- Jammers will collapse both Racer and Cop spike strips.
- Jammers will instantly deactivate any EMPs which are currently locking onto targets.
- Cops that are too far away from a Racer will not be affected by a jammer.
- Jammers can be used to crash Cop HUDs and allow Racers to escape in Interceptor events.
- Jammers make Racers invisible to Cops for a short amount of time in the Wii release.
|Equipment in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)|