The Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 was a revised version of its predecessor, the Murciélago Coupé.
The displacement of the V12 was increased to 6.2L from 6.5L, giving the car 640 hp and hence the car's name. LP is the abbrevation for longitudinale posteriore, the engine's position.
The LP 640 received an updated six ratio gearbox, as well as a larger oil radiator and intake in order to meet the thermal requirements of the new V12.
Need for Speed: Carbon
It is slightly quicker than the original Murciélago and is equipped with a nitrous oxide system as standard. The LP 640 is only available in Quick Race.
Need for Speed: ProStreet
The LP 640 appears in Need for Speed: ProStreet as a tier 3 vehicle with a $320,000 price tag.
Owing to a high top speed and powerful engine, the LP 640 is greatly recommended for Speed Challenges. Its all-wheel drive system provides a lot of grip and makes it possible for the player to control the vehicle at high speeds.
Need for Speed: Undercover
The LP 640 appears in Need for Speed: Undercover as a tier 1 vehicle with a $250,000 price tag. It is unlocked upon reaching Wheelman Level 13.5. It appears in the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases with a price tag of $250,000.
As seen in previous installments, the LP 640 is capable of reaching a top speed of 238 mph (383 km/h). With upgrades, players can go over 248 mph (400 km/h). It also has an improved handling in the game at the cost of a slightly lowered acceleration.
Need for Speed: Shift
The Murciélago LP 640 appears in Need for Speed: Shift as a tier 3 with a $300,000 price tag. It is unlocked upon collecting 80 stars. The LP 640 has a 13.50 car rating and is capable of a Works conversion.
The car is notable for its top speed, acceleration and braking capabilites. Most players also praise the controllability of the car, thanks to its drivetrain. These traits allow the LP 640 to be one of the fastest cars within its range.
Need for Speed: World
The LP 640 was one of the first cars to outperform the BMW M3 GTR in any performance aspect. It has quick acceleration and a powerful perfect nitrous boost. The LP 640 is capable of high-speed cornering thanks to its grippy and responsive handling.
However, it has a tendency to lose balance after performing a jump. Fish tailing is also possible when the car is driven at a high speed but is maintainable due to an AWD drivetrain.
Players can use the LP 640 in any event within the game effectively. It is one of the best cash purchaseable A Class cars apart from the Lotus Evora, which offers a slightly more responsive handling at the cost of acceleration.
|Need for Speed: World - Performance Rating|
|The Grey style is an Amerikon Speedsystems performance tuned speedboost car that costs 4600. It was made available on March 22nd, 2011.
|The Yellow style is a rotationally available stock cash car that costs 1,700,000, and was initially released on January 26th, 2012.
Before August 22nd, 2012, it could only be purchased if the player was at Driver Level 50 or above and cost 2,500,000.
|The Cop Edition style is a Cop Edition that costs 5100. It was released on June 14th, 2011.
|The Treasure Hunter style is a treasure hunter car that costs 5100. It was released on January 6th, 2012.
|The Vesper style is a drag car that costs 5600. It was released on January 25th, 2013.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
The racer vehicle is unlocked upon the player earning a total of 473,750 racer bounty. The SCPD unit is unlocked upon the player earning a total of 360,000 cop bounty.
The main downside of the performance of the car is its somewhat weak acceleration compared to other exotic cars. The LP 640 has good handling and a high top speed to compensate.
|Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) - Statistics|
|Earn 473,750 racer bounty||Exotic Series||211 mph (339 km/h)||$360,000||AWD|
|Earn 360,000 cop bounty||Speed Enforcement||631 bhp @ 8,000 rpm||3.7 seconds||2006|
Shift 2: Unleashed
The LP 640 only appears in Shift 2: Unleashed as a Limited Edition exclusive. It is featured with a B 1320 performance rating, 4.48 handling rating and is purchaseable for $0 at the car dealer.
- The player must use the Murciélago LP 640 in the Gold Tier Canyon Drift event of Need for Speed: Carbon's challenge series.
- The LP 640 in Need for Speed: Undercover is featured in the Job mission - The Feds. The player must steal back a white LP 640 that once belonged to GMAC and deliver it to him.
- It is available as a die-cast bonus car in Need for Speed: Undercover and is unlocked upon entering "gamruvld" at the secret codes menu.
- The top speed and overall performance of the car will be reduced when it is equipped with a Works conversion kit in Need for Speed: Shift.
- Players can select between a Murciélago LP 640 and Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 in an Invitational Event at Laguna Seca in Need for Speed: Shift.
- The stock rims of the LP 640 in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and in the Shift series are white, but are black in other games.
- The side intakes seen on the rear of the car only open in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) when driving faster than 160 mph (258 km/h).
- The Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) can be selected with either a Arancio Atlas Tri-Coat, Bianco Isis, Blu Hera, Giallo Evros, Grigio Antares, Grigio Telesto, Nero Aldebaran, or Verde Ithaca body paint colour.
|Lamborghini Murciélago (Model Range)|
|Coupé • LP 640 • LP 650-4 Roadster • LP 670-4 SuperVeloce • R-SV GT1|