The CLK GTR competed in the 1997 FIA GT championship season, which necessitated production of a derivative road model. The racing model was replaced by the V8 powered CLK LM in 1998.
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
The CLK-GTR is one of the fastest cars in the game due to its well-rounded performance comprising of precise handling, strong acceleration, and a high top speed.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The CLK-GTR appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a Class AAA car and can be purchased by $500,000 in the career mode. It cannot be used in Hot Pursuit mode.
It has similar performance traits as it has in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It can hit a higher top speed than the McLaren F1 GTR at the expense of slower cornering speeds.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
The CLK-GTR appears again Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, as a class 1 vehicle in the Gamecube, PC, and Xbox releases. It can be unlocked by earning 85,000 NFS Points and its Need For Speed Edition by 170,000 NFS Points.
In the PlayStation 2 release, the CLK-GTR is featured as a class A vehicle. It is unlocked upon completing a clean eight lap race in Single Race mode in Advanced difficulty and its Need For Speed Edition, upon accumulating 4,500,00 NFS Points.
- The CLK-GTR is featured with the appearance of the road model in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
- The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, at some point during development, could be modified with upgrades in the PlayStaton release of Need for Speed: High Stakes, along with the McLaren F1 GTR. Even though the player can not modify it, A.I. opponents will appear with the upgrade when selected with another vehicle fully upgraded.
- ↑ Car Showcase Stats (Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit)
- ↑ Car Description (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)
- ↑ Web Link: Cars of Supercar’s Past: The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Cars|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 • Ford Falcon GT* • HSV GTS VT* • Jaguar XK8 • Jaguar XKR** • Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette • Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** • Ferrari 355 F1 • Ferrari 456 M GT*** • Lamborghini Countach • Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño • Ferrari 550 Maranello • Italdesign Nazca C2** • Italdesign Scighera* • Jaguar XJR-15 • Lamborghini Diablo SV • Lister Storm*** • Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette • Pursuit Diablo • Pursuit El Niño* • Chevrolet Caprice** • Eagle Talon • Ford Crown Victoria • Ford Falcon EL* • Lamborghini LM002** • Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck • Bus • Chevrolet Caprice Cab • Convertible • Ford Mustang Convertible • Jeep Comanche • Jeep Grand Cherokee • Land Rover Discovery • Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda • Van • Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|