The Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR is a racing car developed by the performance and motorsports Mercedes-AMG division. Mercedes-Benz only created 25 road going examples were made between 1998-1999. It retains the instrumentation, front design and four headlamps from the standard production CLK.
The CLK GTR competed in the 1997 FIA GT championship season, which necessitated production of a derivative road model. The racing model was replaced by the V8 powered CLK LM in 1998.
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
The CLK-GTR is one of the fastest cars in the game due to its well-rounded performance comprising of precise handling, strong acceleration, and a high top speed.
Need for Speed: High Stakes
The CLK-GTR appears in Need for Speed: High Stakes as a Class AAA car. It cannot be used in Hot Pursuit mode.
It has similar performance traits as it has in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It can hit a higher top speed than the McLaren F1 GTR at the expense of slower cornering speeds.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
In the PlayStation 2 release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, the CLK-GTR is unlocked upon completing a clean eight lap race in Single Race mode in Advanced difficulty. In all other releases, it is unlocked upon accumulating 85,000 NFS Points.
The NFS Edition is an upgraded variant with a custom paint job. It is unlocked upon accumulating 4,500,00 NFS Points in the PlayStation 2 release, and 170,000 NFS Points in all other releases.
- The CLK-GTR is featured with the appearance of the road model in the GameCube, PC, and Xbox releases of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
- The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR, at some point during development, could be modified with upgrades in the PlayStaton release of Need for Speed: High Stakes, along with the McLaren F1 GTR. Even though the player can not modify it, A.I. opponents will appear with the upgrade when selected with another vehicle fully upgraded.
- ↑ Car Showcase Stats (Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit)
- ↑ Car Description (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2)
- ↑ Web Link: Cars of Supercar’s Past: The Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Cars|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 • Ford Falcon GT* • HSV GTS VT* • Jaguar XK8 • Jaguar XKR** • Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette • Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** • Ferrari 355 F1 • Ferrari 456 M GT*** • Lamborghini Countach • Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño • Ferrari 550 Maranello • Italdesign Nazca C2** • Italdesign Scighera* • Jaguar XJR-15 • Lamborghini Diablo SV • Lister Storm*** • Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette • Pursuit Diablo • Pursuit El Niño* • Chevrolet Caprice** • Eagle Talon • Ford Crown Victoria • Ford Falcon EL* • Lamborghini LM002** • Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck • Bus • Chevrolet Caprice Cab • Convertible • Ford Mustang Convertible • Jeep Comanche • Jeep Grand Cherokee • Land Rover Discovery • Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda • Van • Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|