Up to 20 cars participate in a race in the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases, but only 12 cars participate in the PC release.
The Challenge Series features three Race Wars events. The races in the Challenge Series are named after the districts they reside within;
- Sutherden Bell Tower (Bronze) - Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
- Library Square (Silver) - Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
- Steyne Aqueduct (Gold) - Dodge Challenger Concept
The Collector's Edition includes three additional Race Wars events within the Challenge Series;
- Highway 142 (Bronze) - Nissan 240SX (S13)
- Garcia Street (Silver) - Chevrolet Camaro (Concept)
- Route 21 (Gold) - Koenigsegg CCX
|Garcia Street||San Juan||5.7 mi||9.1 km|
|Highway 142||Highway 142||20.8 mi||33.4 km|
|Liberty Square||Ocean View, Fortuna||14.6 mi||23.5 km|
|Sutherden Bell Tower||Mason District, Downtown Palmont||7.6 mi||12.3 km|
|Steyne Aqueduct||Morgan Beach, Kempton||9.4 mi||15.2 km|
|Route 21||Ocean View, Fortuna||14.2 mi||22.9 km|
- Platinum Condos is a cut Race Wars route which would take place in Silverton after beating Darius.
- The route UI texture for Garcia Street shows it as being longer than its released rendition.
|Need for Speed: Carbon Events|