Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0's gameplay is largely focused on police chases and illegal street races. The career mode is built on a series of challenges consisting of more than 75 events. By winning races, players will be able to climb up a leaderboard with fifteen opponents.
However, unlike the console and PC releases, this game does not feature a plot or free roam mode.
- Instant Race - Players can select a random race event with random settings.
- Custom Race - Similar to Quick Race, players can create custom races.
- Outrun - Players can select a race track and drive in it. After being spawned in the race, police vehicles will be chasing after the player. More will come; the longer the player is racing. The goal of this mode is to resist the police as long as possible.
- Tuner Takedown - This mode allows players to play as a police officer. Their primary task is to bust as many street racers as possible in order to gain time bonuses and points.
Besides single-player, players can also create multiplayer games via Ad Hoc.
During a race, a heat level display is always shown. The higher the heat level, the more police vehicles and tactics will be used against the player.
- 5-1-0 is a police radio code for a reckless driver.
- Similar to Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, the Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS releases are not titled Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0, but are spin-offs.
|Need for Speed Series|
|Games||The Need for Speed • II • III: Hot Pursuit • High Stakes • Porsche Unleashed • Motor City Online • Hot Pursuit 2 • Underground • Underground 2 • Most Wanted (2005) • Carbon • ProStreet • Undercover • Shift • Nitro • World • Hot Pursuit (2010) • Shift 2: Unleashed • The Run • Most Wanted (2012) • Rivals • Need for Speed (2015) • Edge • Payback|
|Handheld||Underground Rivals • Most Wanted 5-1-0 • Carbon: Own The City • Hot Pursuit (iOS) • No Limits|
|Compilations||The Need for Speed Collection • Collector's Series|
|Films||Need for Speed|