Firemonkeys Android & iOS
| Oct 30th, 2012|
Nov 1st, 2012
Nov 15th, 2012
Wii U Mar 19th, 2013
Wii U Mar 20th, 2013
Wii U Mar 22nd, 2013
|PC, PS3, X360, PS Vita, Android & iOS|
Wii U (2013)
- For the Black Box 2005 release, see Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The title is a re-imagining of the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted released in 2005, except it is designed from Criterion's perspective of the original title. It runs on a modified version of Criterion's Chameleon game engine.
The game takes place within the city of Fairhaven and features an upgraded Autolog 2.0 leaderboard system. Players will be able to compete against each other using in both single player and mutliplayer playlist events.
Criterion Games' re-imagining of Need for Speed: Most Wanted focuses on gameplay and the player's progression to become the Most Wanted on their Speedwall, although the Blacklist (renamed to "Most Wanted List") returns with ten rivals.. This is a big contrast to the 2005 Most Wanted title as it featured a story.
Players are awarded Speed Points (SP) upon completing events, performing stunts and beating a friend's Autolog record. Players will need to continue earning Speed Points in order to become the Most Wanted racer. Vehicles are also upgradable with performance parts.
Fairhaven City is an open-world environment that is completely open from the beginning.
The city features a plethora of Speed Cameras, Security Gates, and Billboards, which reward players with Speed Points. Billboards feature logos of EA's subsidiaries such as Visceral Games, DICE and BioWare. Smashed Billboards portray a wanted poster with a mugshot of the player that set the largest Jump Distance record through that billboard.
The city features a series of Repair Shops that the player can pass through to repair their vehicle, change paint colour and refill Nitrous all at once.
Players are able to earn vehicles by finding Jack Spots scattered throughout the city.
Co-Driver is a co-op mode that is only available in the Wii U release of Most Wanted (2012). It allows a second player that plays on a Wii U gamepad utilise a fully interactive map of the title's setting. They can support the first player by adjusting the time and traffic density, distract police vehicles and manage their performance modifications.
Most Wanted (2012) gives players the ability to customise the text of the license plate through either the Driver Details menu in Singleplayer or EasyDrive in Multiplayer.
They can also unlock alternative license plate designs in Multiplayer. These designs do not show up on the vehicle the player is driving but will appear as part of the player's profile.
The Limited Edition of Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) became available for pre-order on June 4th, 2012 after it was officially announced at EA's E3 press conference.
The Limited Edition features;
- 2 Incredible Cars - Early access to the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale and Porsche 911 Carrera S.
- Custom Livery - A stunning satin black custom livery available only through pre-order.
- 4 Hours Double Speed Points (SP) - Unlock four-hours double SP to rank up and unlock rewards faster.
- Multiplayer Modifications - Mods for better acceleration or stronger armour.
Pre-ordered copies were avaliable with either the Power Pack, Speed Pack or Strike Pack. Each of these packs is featured with a car that is painted in a exclusive Satin Black livery and upgraded with modifications.
- Power Pack - Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- Mods: Reinforced Chassis and Powershot Nitrous for increased durability.
- Speed Pack - Caterham Superlight R500
- Mods: Lightweight Chassis and Track Tyres for improved handling and top speed.
- Strike Pack - Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
- Mods: Powertrain mods and Re-inflating Tyres for improved acceleration and durability.
Downloadable ContentEditThe game features four downloadable content packs that contain additional features ranging from vehicles to a map extension.
PC System RequirementsEdit
|Component||Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|Operating System||Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) 32-bit||Windows 7 64-bit|
|Processor (AMD)||Althon X2 2.7 GHz||Quad-core CPU|
|Processor (Intel)||Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz||Quad-core CPU|
|Graphics Card (ATi)||DirectX 10.1 with 512 MB RAM|
(ATi Radeon 3870)
|DirectX 11 with 1024 MB RAM|
(ATi Radeon 6950)
|Graphics Card (Nvidia)||DirectX 10.0 with 512 MB RAM|
(Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT)
|DirectX 11 with 1024 MB RAM|
(Nvidia GeForce GTX 560)
|Sound Card||DirectX Compatable|
|Keyboard and Mouse|
|DVD Rom Drive|
A number of Easter Eggs can be seen in the E3 reveal trailer and the E3 gameplay trailer.
- A sign can be seen in the E3 reveal trailer advertising loans from a company known as "New Rockport Loans in 1 Minute."
- The Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) can be seen fitted with a Burnout license plate. Burnout is Criterion Games' own award winning IP.
- The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor can be seen fitted with a 11-11-05 license plate. November 11th, 2005 is the European release of the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the Nintendo DS.
- The Dodge Charger SRT-8 Police Interceptor can be seen fitted with a 08-31-94 license plate. August 31st, 1994 is the North American release of The Need for Speed on the 3DO.
- The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 and the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor can be seen fitted with a 11-15-05 license plate. November 15th, 2005 is the North American release of the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted on the PC, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Game Boy Advance.
- The Dodge Challenger SRT-8 can be seen fitted with a 11-17-03 license plate. November 17th, 2003 is the North American release of Need for Speed: Underground on the PC, GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox.
- The E3 gameplay trailer featured the driver names; Elizabeth, Harry, Kate, William and Philip. All of the names relate to members of the British Royal Family and were utilised as the E3 conference coincided with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The E3 Speedwall Walkthrough featured the player name "Seacrest". It is a reference to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)'s open world location Seacrest County.
- The Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series seen in Gameplay Trailer #3 can be heard playing Vanesa Tate's remix of the Burnout Series theme song featured in Burnout CRASH!
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) is the first game since Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 to have a horn feature.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) has no screenshot capture system.
- The BMW M3 GTR and Ford GT are the only cars to be included in both Most Wanted titles.
- The vehicles in Jack Spots play a soundtrack from Burnout CRASH!
- ↑ http://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/210984390866644992
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/213828018634883072
- ↑ http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/need_for_speed_most_wanted_2012/news/lifting_the_bonnet_criterion_talks_about_the_engine_powering_nfs_most_wanted_map_size_and_30fps.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/210070278674456576
|Need for Speed Series|
|Games||The Need for Speed • II • III: Hot Pursuit • High Stakes • Porsche Unleashed • Motor City Online|
Hot Pursuit 2 • Underground • Underground 2 • Most Wanted (2005) • Carbon • ProStreet • Undercover
Shift • Nitro • World • Hot Pursuit (2010) • Shift 2: Unleashed • The Run • Most Wanted (2012) • Rivals
Need for Speed (2015) • Edge
|Handheld||Underground Rivals • Most Wanted 5-1-0 • Carbon: Own The City • Hot Pursuit (iOS) • No Limits|
|Compilations||The Need for Speed Collection • Collector's Series|
|Films||Need for Speed|