Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 is the PSP version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It was first released on November 15, 2005.
Most Wanted 5-1-0's gameplay is largely focused on police chases and illegal street races. The career mode is built on a series of challenges consisting of more than 75 events. By winning races, players will be able to climb up a leaderboard with fifteen opponents. It's possible for players to check their pursuit and race statistics in a rap sheet option. During races, it's also feasible to use nitrous boost and a time magnifier.
However, unlike the console and PC releases, this game does not feature a plot and free roam mode.
- Instant Race - Players can select a random race event with random settings.
- Custom Race - Similar to Quick Race, players can create custom races.
- Outrun - Players can select a race track and drive in it. After being spawned in the race, police vehicles will be chasing after the player. More will come; the longer the player is racing. The goal of this mode is to resist the police as long as possible.
- Tuner Takedown - This mode allows players to play as police officer. Their primary task is to bust as many street racers as possible in order to gain time bonuses and points.
Besides single-player, players can also create multiplayer games via Ad Hoc.
During a race, a heat level display is always shown. The higher the heat level, the more police vehicles and tactics will be used against the player.
- 5-1-0 is a police radio code for a reckless driver.
- Similar to Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, the GBA and DS port are not named Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 but are clearly ports of the game.