An abandoned car is highlighted as being available on the map with a timer counting down its window of availability. Within that window, the player can find the hidden abandoned car and return it to Rav's workshop on the airfield.
The location of an abandoned car is not shown to the player until they pass close enough to its location in Fortune Valley. They are highlighted by an abandoned car icon above the vehicle, and are also highlighted by a notification as well as having a marker for their location placed on the player's map.
Approaching an abandoned car will prompt the player to enter the car. Upon entering the car, the player must return with the vehicle to Rav's workshop on the airfield whilst being pursued by the Fortune Valley Police Department.
The player is allowed to take any route they wish to Rav's workshop as there are no checkpoints or timer, but being busted will require the player to restart the event to unlock the abandoned car.
Reaching Rav's workshop with an abandoned car will unlock it for purchase from a dealership.
- BMW M3 E46 "Razor"
- BMW M3 Evolution II E30 "Abandoned"
- Chevrolet C10 Stepside Pickup (Holtzman's)
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 "Cold Rim"
- Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (FVPD)
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (Faith Jones')
- Ford Mustang (Big Sister's)
- Ford Roadster "Halloween"
- Jaguar F-Type R "St. Patrick"
- Lamborghini Diablo SV "New Year"
- Land Rover Defender 110 "Shark Attack"
- Lotus Exige S "Love Mobile"
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R "Abandoned"
- Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG "Santa Claus"
- Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (La Catrina's)
- Nissan GT-R Premium (Mitko Vasilev's)
- Nissan 350Z (Rachel's)
- Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (Aki Kimura's)
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R "Abandoned"
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (1993) (Soldier's)
- Pagani Huayra BC (Natalia "SuperNova" Nova's)
- Plymouth Barracuda "Abandoned"
- Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 ("Gallo" Rivera's)
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (Udo Roth's)
- Volkswagen Beetle "Spring"
- Volvo 242DL "Abandoned"
- Volvo Amazon P130 "Abandoned"
- The liveries applied to the abandoned Mazda RX-7 Spirit R and Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R are pre-set wraps available for either car in Need for Speed (2015).
- The Volvo 242 DL was prematurely announced as a discoverable abandoned car via the official Need for Speed Facebook and Instagram accounts on January 16, 2018 before being available in-game.
- The Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R's rotation was delayed due to a bug that was fixed with the February Update.
- ↑ F8RGE. (2017). "There was a bug with the Skyline, which will be fixed in the next update." Retrieved from: https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/7vn24p/okay_nice_but_where_is_nissan/dttijmb/