Suspension upgrades in Need for Speed: Underground 2 can be applied to improve handling.
The effectiveness of an individual part is dependent on the package they are included in;
- Street - Low improvement of handling
- Pro - Moderate improvement of handling
- Extreme - High improvement of handling
- Unique - Improves stock handling without adding new parts
|Street||Sport Springs and Shocks||500||Available from the beginning of the game|
|Street||Strut Tower Bar||250||Available from the beginning of the game|
|Pro||Adjustable Camber Plates||500||Win 21 races during Stage 3 of the career mode|
|Pro||Front and Rear Sway Bars||1,000||Win 21 races during Stage 3 of the career mode|
|Pro||Performance Springs and Shocks||2,000||Win 21 races during Stage 3 of the career mode|
|Extreme||Coil Over Suspension System||5,000||Win 29 races during Stage 4 of the career mode|
|Extreme||Large Diameter Sway Bars||2,000||Win 29 races during Stage 4 of the career mode|
- Sport Springs and Shocks - Performance Springs and Shocks - Coil Over Suspension System
- Front and Rear Sway Bars - Large Diameter Sway Bars
- Suspension adjustment may be performed in the Performance Tuning menu.