The Civic Cruiser is a standard issue patrol car utilised by the Rockport Police Department, Palmont Police Department and Tri-City Bay Police Department. There are two models of the Civic Cruiser; the standard issue model fitted with a full police package and the unmarked model.
The Civic Cruiser is the main patrol unit for all police departments and appears at Heat Level 1 of a police pursuit. The unit is fairly light and flimsy resulting in an ineffective means of pursuit against high durability vehicles. The power mixed with torque produced by the engine can become too excessive at low speeds and result in very little grip.
Officers driving Civic Patrol units are trained in the following advanced driving techniques: Box, Herd, PIT and Roadblock and Rolling Roadblocks. An excessively damaged or disabled unit adds a $3,000 cost to the state as well as $250 Bounty to the rap sheet of the suspect.
The Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee takes on the role of the Civic Cruiser in Need for Speed: World and the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor takes on the role in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012).
- It can be driven in Challenge #44 of the challenge series in Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
- A pre-release image of a white Civic Cruiser has "Chitaqua Peaks" written across its front doors.
- Pre-release screenshots of Need for Speed: Most Wanted show that the Civic Cruiser was more similar in appearance to the Ford Crown Victoria. The same vehicle can be seen in the PlayStation 2 demo of Need for Speed: Most Wanted and in the released game's pre-rendered cutscenes.
- It can be unlocked in Need for Speed: Carbon upon completing its reward card but only for Quick Race and Multiplayer events.
- It can be driven by the police team in Need for Speed: Undercover's Cops and Robbers multiplayer gamemode but only when against Tier 2 vehicles.
- Pre-release screenshots of Need for Speed: Undercover show the Civic Cruiser from PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 releases with the same livery applied to the Civic Cruiser in the PlayStation 2 release of the game.
- A higher quality Civic Cruiser appears during busted cutscenes in place of the gameplay specific Civic Cruiser.
- The cutscenes variant can be found in Need for Speed: World, but the content associated with the mesh degenerated as later builds were released.
|Civic · Civic Undercover · State · State Undercover · State Muscle · State Tactical · Federal · Federal Undercover · Van · Rhino SUV · Helicopter|
|Super State · Federal Sport · K9 Unit · Fast Air|
|Traffic Patrol · Highway Patrol · Interceptor · Rhino · S.W.A.T.|