The Pickup Truck is a traffic vehicle that has appeared in a number of Need for Speed instalments. Throughout the series it has been featured with different appearances.
It is unplayable in any game of the series except for Need for Speed: Most Wanted in Event 42 of the Challenge Series. For this event, the Pickup truck is equipped with a small nitrous upgrade and must be used by the player to dodge six roadblocks at Heat Level 3.
- In Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, it is depicted to be based on the 1998–2007 2-door Chevrolet Silverado and can be spotted in blue only.
- The Pickup Truck in Need for Speed: Underground and Need for Speed: Underground 2 resembles the 1998–2007 Chevrolet Silverado again, but with a different appearance to that seen from Hot Pursuit 2. It also has eight different liveries in game files, but only one of them is used in both games.
- Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City feature the Pickup Truck as a replica of the Nissan Hardbody.
- The Pickup Truck is based on the second generation Dodge Ram in Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, and Need for Speed: World. The Pickup Truck is only seen in blue, although it appears in other colours in World as well.
- Pickup Trucks in Need for Speed: Undercover are based on the Dodge Ram 50, although the PlayStation Portable release features a version based on the Nissan Hardbody.
- The Pickup Trucks featured in the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 releases of Need for Speed: Undercover is based on the Pickup Truck seen in Burnout Paradise.
|Need for Speed: Underground - Cars|
|Vehicles||Acura Integra Type R (Honda Integra Type R) • Acura RSX • Dodge Neon • Ford Focus • Honda Civic Si • Honda S2000 • Hyundai Tiburon GT (Hyundai Coupe) • Mazda Miata (Mazda MX-5) • Mazda RX-7 • Mazda RX-8 • Mitsubishi Eclipse • Mitsubishi Lancer • Nissan 240SX • Nissan 350Z • Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V • Nissan Skyline GT-R • Peugeot 206 • Subaru Impreza • Toyota Celica • Toyota Supra • Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|Traffic||Civil Car • Pickup Truck • SUV • Taxi • Van|
|Parentheses () denote vehicle names in PAL releases|
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Cars|
|Vehicles||Acura RSX* • Audi A3 • Audi TT • Cadillac Escalade • Ford Focus • Ford Mustang GT • Honda Civic Si* • Hummer H2 • Hyundai Tiburon GT (Hyundai Coupe) • Infiniti G35 • Lexus IS 300 • Lincoln Navigator • Mazda Miata (Mazda MX-5) • Mazda RX-7 • Mazda RX-8 • Mitsubishi 3000GT • Mitsubishi Eclipse • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII • Nissan 240SX • Nissan 350Z • Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V • Nissan Skyline GT-R • Peugeot 106* • Peugeot 206 • Pontiac GTO • Subaru Impreza WRX • Toyota Celica • Toyota Corolla • Toyota Supra • Vauxhall Corsa 1.8* (Opel Corsa 1.8) • Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|Traffic||Bus • Civil Car • Hatchback • Minivan • Pickup Truck • SUV • Taxi • Van|
|* denotes NTSC and PAL restricted vehicles, parentheses () denote vehicle names in PAL releases, Italics denote vehicle names in non-UK releases|