The Police Scanner is a scanning device utilised to identify police units within the vicinity of the player.
The device will beep faster as a police unit approaches the player's vehicle. Need for Speed: Most Wanted displays a small arrow to display the direction in which the police vehicle is approaching. Need for Speed: Carbon and Need for Speed: Undercover display a red arrow on the minimap to show any nearby police units.
- The Need for Speed
- Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
- Need for Speed: High Stakes
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Need for Speed: Carbon
- Need for Speed: Undercover
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
- The Police Scanner features following characteristics in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005):
- It turns green upon detecting a police vehicle but is unable to detect police vehicles from behind the player.
- It turns orange upon the player approaching a speed camera.
- It is inactive during pursuits but reactivates itself upon entering cooldown mode.
- Need for Speed Carbon and Need for Speed: Undercover feature a pulse radar which blinks faster as police vehicles near the player. Police units are also displayed as red triangles on the mini-map.
- In Hot Pursuit (2010), the police scanner only blinks upon the player approaching a police interceptor unit.
|Racers||Police Scanner · Heat Level · Infractions · Pursuit Breaker · Hiding Spots · Bounty|
|Police||Police Tactics · Police Radio Codes · Rockport Police Department · Palmont Police Department · Tri-City Bay Police Department · Seacrest County Police Department · Fairhaven City Police Department · Redview County Police Department · Ventura Bay Police Department|
|Related||Blacklist · Rap Sheet · Pursuit Outrun|