Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Police Scanner is a scanning device utilised to identify police units within the vicinity of the player.
The device will beep faster as a police unit approaches the player's vehicle. Need for Speed: Most Wanted displays a small arrow to display the direction in which the police vehicle is approaching. Need for Speed: Carbon and Need for Speed: Undercover display a red arrow on the minimap to show any nearby police units.
- The Need for Speed
- Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
- Need for Speed: High Stakes
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Need for Speed: Carbon
- Need for Speed: Undercover
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
- The Police Scanner features following characteristics in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005):
- It turns green upon detecting a police vehicle but is unable to detect police vehicles from behind the player.
- It turns orange upon the player approaching a speed camera.
- It is inactive during pursuits but reactivates itself upon entering cooldown mode.
- Need for Speed Carbon and Need for Speed: Undercover feature a pulse radar which blinks faster as police vehicles near the player. Police units are also displayed as red triangles on the mini-map.
- In Hot Pursuit (2010), the police scanner only blinks upon the player approaching a police interceptor unit.
|Racers||Police Scanner • Heat Level • Infractions • Pursuit Breaker • Hiding Spots • Bounty|
|Police||Police Tactics • Police Radio Codes • Rockport Police Department • Palmont Police Department • Tri-City Bay Police Department • Seacrest County Police Department • Fairhaven City Police Department • Redview County Police Department • Ventura Bay Police Department|
|Related||Blacklist • Rap Sheet • Pursuit Outrun|