The State State Cruiser appears once the player reaches Heat Levels 3 and 4.
After reaching heat level 3, players will encounter police state cruisers. Performance-wise they are superior to lower heat level vehicles and withstand more damage.
- Ford Mustang GT - Need for Speed: Undercover (PS2, PSP, NDS, Wii)
- Muscle Cruiser - Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3, Xbox 360, PC), World
- Pontiac GTO - Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Carbon, World (Team Escape and earlier beta versions)
State Undercover/Super State CruiserEdit
State Undercover and Super State Cruisers will be present, once the player has reached heat level 4. These vehicles are more powerful versions of the heat level 3 vehicles.
The State Undercover GTO is based on the same car as the State Cruiser with the difference, being dark blue painted.
The State Undercover Cruiser is a special variant of the State Cruiser in Most Wanted, Carbon and earlier betas of World, while in Undercover and World the Super State Cruiser is a more powerful version of the State Cruiser.
- Pontiac GTO - Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Carbon, World (Team Escape)
- BMW M3 E92 - Need for Speed: Undercover (NDS)
- Lamborghini Gallardo - Need for Speed: Undercover (PS2, PSP, Wii)
- Nissan GT-R - Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Box, Stationary Roadblock, Herd, PIT
- Beating Nickel in the PS2 and Wii versions of Undercover unlocks the Lamborghini Gallardo based Super State Cruiser for use in chasedown mode.
- The Ford Mustang based State Cruiser can be unlocked and becomes available to players in career mode after taking down Hector. It can be used in chasedown mode in the PS2 and Wii versions.
- In Need for Speed World the Pontiac GTOs are only seen in Team Escapes like "All In" and "Homerun".
- In Need for Speed: Undercover (PS3, Windows, Xbox 360), the player steals a Super State GT-R unit in the mission, "Grand Theft 5-0," in order to prove to G-Mac who isn't a cop.