There are two models of the State Muscle Cruiser; the standard issue model fitted with a full police package and the unmarked model.
The vehicle is a standard patrol unit used by state troopers. The unit is light but resilient resulting in an persistent means of pursuit against high durability vehicles. The power mixed with torque produced by the engine can become too excessive at low speeds and result in very little grip.
Troopers driving State Cruiser units are trained in the following advanced driving techniques: Box, Herd, PIT and Roadblock. An excessively damaged or disabled unit adds a $2,500 Bounty to the rap sheet of the suspect.
The unit will appear in pursuits once the player reaches Wheelman Level 4 in Need for Speed: Undercover and disabling it is worth $3,300 cost to state. It will appear in pursuits at Heat Level 3 in Need for Speed: World.
- It can be unlocked for Quick Race in Need for Speed: Undercover by entering qfmytyda at the secret code screen.
- It appears in Need for Speed: The Run as a traffic vehicle along some routes.
- The Ford Mustang GT takes the role of the State Muscle Cruiser in the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover. It can be unlocked normally and used by the player only in Chase Down mode.
- In the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases of Need for Speed: Undercover, there is an unused mesh variant for a driveable Ford Mustang GT State Muscle Cruiser. It features a paintable body, vinyls, roof, and spoiler, but doesn't have any body damage besides its windows.
- In the PSP release of Need for Speed: Undercover, the State Muscle Cruiser resembles the Police Muscle car from Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City.
|Civic · Civic Undercover · State · State Undercover · State Muscle · State Tactical · Federal · Federal Undercover · Van · Rhino SUV · Helicopter|
|Super State · Federal Sport · K9 Unit · Fast Air|
|Traffic Patrol · Highway Patrol · Interceptor · Rhino · S.W.A.T.|