Need for Speed: Underground
She first appears in the opening cutscene following the player's introduction event in Underground Mode. Samantha befriends the player, and introduces them to the street racing scene in Olympic City by highlighting racing rules and new events. This includes special events with unique visual upgrade rewards.
She drives a baby blue Honda Civic Si with a Kawaii inspired car livery. Her custom vinyl can be unlocked upon completing Underground Mode event 68. Players can unlock her Civic for use in Quick Race mode by earning 2,000,000 style points.
Eddie forces the player to race against Samantha before they can challenge him in event 78 'Friends Are Easy To Make, And Easier To Lose'. Samantha will wreck her Honda Civic Si after the player wins, and will end their friendship in the process. Her car is given to TJ and its livery is promptly altered with more aggressive attributes, but can be unlocked for Quick Race mode by earning 2,250,000 style points.
Prior to the end of Underground Mode, the player must reclaim Samantha's car by beating TJ in event 110 'Good Samaritan'. Samantha will then thank the player and reconcile with them. After completing all Underground Mode events, she will congratulate the player.
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Samantha appears in Need for Speed: Underground 2, but is only mentioned during the prologue by Rachel. She and Samantha are revealed to be close friends.
- "Is that your fantasy?"
- "Ouch! That is seriously weak, dude!"
- "You wanna be the best? You gotta take these boys down! If you lose, you're gone! Got it? Good! Now move it!"
- "Nah, this stuff's weak. Anybody can buy this crap! Trust me, you don't want this stuff."
- "I trusted you! And now you wanna take me on?! Well, see you at the street, punk!!!"
- "Thanks for getting my ride back."
- "Man I can't believe it, you won! You won!"
- Samantha is modeled on Cindy Johnson and voiced by Sharon Alexander.
- Samantha is the only character in the Underground series, beside the protagonist, to be featured in both games.
|Need for Speed: Underground - Characters|
|Player · Samantha · TJ|
|The Eastsiders (Eddie · Chad · Kurt · Todd) · Melissa · Dirt · Jose · Klutch|
|Need for Speed: Underground 2 - Characters|
|Player · Rachel · Tommy · Samantha|
|The Wraiths (Caleb · Nikki · Al · Marcus · Nigel · Scott · Tom)|