The Taxi is a traffic car seen in multiple Need for Speed installments.
- The Chevrolet Caprice in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit appears as a taxi cab. There are some visual differences between the PC and PlayStation releases.
- The Taxi Cab in the PlayStation release of Need for Speed: High Stakes was reimported from the PlayStation release of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It is only seen in Route Adonf.
- In the EA Canada release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, the Taxi can be seen in either a grey, blue, green or a traditional yellow colour scheme. The car is depicted to be based on the Sedan.
- The Taxi in the Underground series shares the same body with the 2000 to 2005 Chevrolet Impala based sedan. Underground 2 also features a second taxi model, which is based on the Audi A4 (B5).
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, and Need for Speed: World feature the Taxi as a mimicry of the 1998 to 2005 Lexus IS.
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City looks similar to the 1992 to 1997 Ford Crown Victoria.
- Overall, two variants of the taxi cab are featured in Need for Speed: Undercover. The PlayStation Portable release of the game feature a model based on the 1991 to 1996 Chevrolet Caprice. The second variant, which is based on the Taxi, featured in Burnout Paradise, appears in the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 releases. The same model is featured in PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases, but with less geometry detail.
- The Ford Crown Victoria appears as a New York City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: The Run.
- The Dodge Grand Caravan appears as a Fairhaven City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012).
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted can be driven by the player in a tollbooth race in Challenge Series event #47.
- A driveable variant of the taxi cab in Need for Speed: The Run can be unlocked as a rare bonus wheel reward. It is known in the game as "Super Taxi" Signature Edition. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 is also has a "Super Taxi" variant and is unlockable with the identical method.
- In Need for Speed: World, the side of every taxi says "NFS TAXI SERVICE".
- The Taxi in Most Wanted (2012) has a writing that says "Who You Gonna Call?" below the large "TAXI" writing on the roof sign, side and bonnet. This is a reference to the famous Ghostbusters catchphrase.
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Cars|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 • Ford Falcon GT* • HSV GTS VT* • Jaguar XK8 • Jaguar XKR** • Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette • Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** • Ferrari 355 F1 • Ferrari 456 M GT*** • Lamborghini Countach • Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño • Ferrari 550 Maranello • Italdesign Nazca C2** • Italdesign Scighera* • Jaguar XJR-15 • Lamborghini Diablo SV • Lister Storm*** • Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette • Pursuit Diablo • Pursuit El Niño* • Chevrolet Caprice** • Eagle Talon • Ford Crown Victoria • Ford Falcon EL* • Lamborghini LM002** • Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck • Bus • Chevrolet Caprice Cab • Convertible • Ford Mustang Convertible • Jeep Comanche • Jeep Grand Cherokee • Land Rover Discovery • Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda • Van • Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|
|Need for Speed: Underground - Cars|
|Vehicles||Acura Integra Type R (Honda Integra Type R) • Acura RSX • Dodge Neon • Ford Focus • Honda Civic Si • Honda S2000 • Hyundai Tiburon GT (Hyundai Coupe) • Mazda Miata (Mazda MX-5 • Mazda RoadsterJP) • Mazda RX-7 • Mitsubishi Eclipse • Mitsubishi Lancer • Nissan 240SX • Nissan 350Z (Nissan Fairlady ZJP) • Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V • Nissan Skyline GT-R • Peugeot 206 • Subaru Impreza • Toyota Celica • Toyota Supra • Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|Traffic||Civil Car • Pickup Truck • SUV • Taxi • Van|
|Parentheses () denote vehicle names in European and Asian releases, JP denotes vehicle names in Japanese releases|