The Taxi is a traffic car seen in multiple Need for Speed installments.
- The Chevrolet Caprice in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit appears as a taxi cab. There are some visual differences between the PC and PlayStation releases.
- The Taxi Cab in the PlayStation release of Need for Speed: High Stakes was reimported from the PlayStation release of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. It is only seen in Route Adonf.
- In the EA Canada release of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, the Taxi can be seen in either a grey, blue, green or a traditional yellow colour scheme. The car is depicted to be based on the Sedan.
- The Taxi in the Underground series shares the same body with the 2000 to 2005 Chevrolet Impala based sedan. Underground 2 also features a second taxi model, which is based on the Audi A4 (B5).
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Need for Speed: Carbon, and Need for Speed: World feature the Taxi as a mimicry of the 1998 to 2005 Lexus IS.
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City looks similar to the 1992 to 1997 Ford Crown Victoria.
- Overall, two variants of the taxi cab are featured in Need for Speed: Undercover. The PlayStation Portable release of the game feature a model based on the 1991 to 1996 Chevrolet Caprice. The second variant, which is based on the Taxi, featured in Burnout Paradise, appears in the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 releases. The same model is featured in PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii releases, but with less geometry detail.
- The Ford Crown Victoria appears as a New York City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: The Run.
- The Dodge Grand Caravan appears as a Fairhaven City Taxi Cab in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012).
- The Taxi in Need for Speed: Most Wanted can be driven by the player in a tollbooth race in Challenge Series event #47.
- A driveable variant of the taxi cab in Need for Speed: The Run can be unlocked as a rare bonus wheel reward. It is known in the game as "Super Taxi" Signature Edition. The Dodge Charger SRT-8 is also has a "Super Taxi" variant and is unlockable with the identical method.
- In Need for Speed: World, the side of every taxi says "NFS TAXI SERVICE".
- The Taxi in Most Wanted (2012) has a writing that says "Who You Gonna Call?" below the large "TAXI" writing on the roof sign, side and bonnet. This is a reference to the famous Ghostbusters catchphrase.
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Vehicles|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 · Ford Falcon GT* · HSV GTS VT* · Jaguar XK8 · Jaguar XKR** · Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette · Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** · Ferrari 355 F1 · Ferrari 456 M GT*** · Lamborghini Countach · Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño · Ferrari 550 Maranello · Italdesign Nazca C2** · Italdesign Scighera* · Jaguar XJR-15 · Lamborghini Diablo SV · Lister Storm*** · Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette · Pursuit Diablo · Pursuit El Niño* · Chevrolet Caprice** · Eagle Talon · Ford Crown Victoria · Ford Falcon EL* · Lamborghini LM002** · Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck · Bus · Chevrolet Caprice Cab · Convertible · Ford Mustang Convertible · Jeep Comanche · Jeep Grand Cherokee · Land Rover Discovery · Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda · Van · Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|
|Need for Speed: Underground - Vehicles|
|Vehicles||Acura Integra Type R (Honda Integra Type R) · Acura RSX · Dodge Neon · Ford Focus · Honda Civic Si · Honda S2000 · Hyundai Tiburon GT (Hyundai Coupe) · Mazda Miata (Mazda MX-5 · Mazda RoadsterJP) · Mazda RX-7 · Mitsubishi Eclipse · Mitsubishi Lancer · Nissan 240SX · Nissan 350Z (Nissan Fairlady ZJP) · Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V · Nissan Skyline GT-R · Peugeot 206 · Subaru Impreza · Toyota Celica · Toyota Supra · Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|Traffic||Civil Car · Pickup Truck · SUV · Taxi · Van|
|Parentheses () denote vehicle names in European and Asian releases, JP denotes vehicle names in Japanese releases|