The Truck is a traffic vehicle that appears in multiple Need for Speed installments. It is featured in various body styles in the series.
- The Box Truck in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes resembles the Chevrolet G30.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was the third game in the series to include the Box Truck. It bears a similar appearance to the Union City Step-Van.
- Need for Speed: Underground and Need for Speed: Underground 2's variant of the Box Truck is based on the design of the Chevrolet Step-Van. A graffiti vandalised variant can be seen in one of the trailers for Need for Speed: Underground 2.
- The Box Truck featured in the Underground series has two different liveries in the game files of both titles, but only one of them is used.
- A Box Truck variant, which is based on the AM General FJ-8, can be seen in Need for Speed: Underground Rivals, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 and Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City.
The Tanker is a large vehicle that generally transports liquids in a cylindrical compartment behind the cab. The Tanker makes only one appearance and that is in Need for Speed: The Run resembling the International 9200. Paint schemes include silver, white, black, blue, and Shell Gasoline.
The Semi-Truck is a heavy duty vehicle designed for moving large semi-trailers to a destination. In some titles such as Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0, the Semi-Truck is featured as a game environment object.
- Need for Speed II is the first game in the series to feature the Semi-Truck. The truck adopts many design elements from the Kenworth T-600.
- The Semi-Truck in Need for Speed: High Stakes seems to be based on the Scania R-Series. The same model reappeared in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed, where it can be often encountered in industrial areas.
- A parked Freightliner FLD 120 based Semi-Truck can be spotted in several race tracks of Need for Speed: Underground. It is blue and carries a DUB themed trailer. Similar looking models appear in Need for Speed: Underground 2 as static mesh props as well.
- In Need for Speed: Most Wanted and Need for Speed: Carbon, the Semi-Truck is mostly found on highways. In both games, it is painted in blue and bears a strong resemblance to the Peterbilt 377. The Semi-Truck can be seen carrying a car or wood semi-trailer. It also appears in the PlayStation 2 release of Need for Speed: Undercover with other body colours.
- It is possible to find the Semi-Truck and its trailers in the game files of Need for Speed: World, but it is not utilised as a traffic vehicle.
- In Need for Speed: Carbon, Semi-Trucks carrying cargo can be used as Pursuit Breakers.
- The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases of Need for Speed: Undercover features a Semi-Truck which based on an unused Semi-Truck in the game files of Burnout Paradise, which in itself resembles the Peterbilt 377.
- In some settings of Need for Speed: The Run, the Semi-Truck will appear. The truck either hauls an empty trailer painted in grey, white or black. It has a great resemblance to the Freightliner FLD.
- A second Semi-Truck appears in Need for Speed: The Run resembling the Peterbilt 359.
|Need for Speed II - Cars|
|Class C||Ferrari 355 F1* • Ford Mustang Mach III* • Italdesign Cala • Lotus Esprit V8|
|Class B||Ford Indigo • Italdesign Nazca C2* • Jaguar XJ220 • Isdera Commendatore 112i|
|Class A||Bomber BFS* • Ferrari F50• FZR 2000* • Ford GT90 • Lotus Elise GT1 • McLaren F1 • Tombstone*|
|Traffic||Army Truck • Audi 100 quattro • BMW 5 Series (E34) • Citroën 2CV • Convertible • Jeep Comanche • Jeep Wrangler • Lincoln Town Car Stretch Limousine • School Bus • Toyota Land Cruiser • Volkswagen 1600 • Volkswagen Beetle • Volkswagen Type 2 • Volvo 850|
|Hidden||Crate • Log • Monolithic Studios Bus • News Stand • Rock • Tram • T-Rex|
|* denotes Special Edition exclusive vehicles|
|Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit - Cars|
|Class C||Aston Martin DB7 • Ford Falcon GT* • HSV GTS VT* • Jaguar XK8 • Jaguar XKR** • Mercedes SL600|
|Class B||Chevrolet Corvette • Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car*** • Ferrari 355 F1 • Ferrari 456 M GT*** • Lamborghini Countach • Spectre R42***|
|Class A||El Niño • Ferrari 550 Maranello • Italdesign Nazca C2** • Italdesign Scighera* • Jaguar XJR-15 • Lamborghini Diablo SV • Lister Storm*** • Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR|
|Pursuit||Pursuit Corvette • Pursuit Diablo • Pursuit El Niño* • Chevrolet Caprice** • Eagle Talon • Ford Crown Victoria • Ford Falcon EL* • Lamborghini LM002** • Land Rover Discovery|
|Traffic||Army Truck • Bus • Chevrolet Caprice Cab • Convertible • Ford Mustang Convertible • Jeep Comanche • Jeep Grand Cherokee • Land Rover Discovery • Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda • Van • Volvo 850|
|Italics denote Australian release vehicles, * denotes PC exclusive vehicles, ** denotes PlayStation exclusive vehicles, *** denotes PC exclusive add-on vehicles|
|Need for Speed: Underground - Cars|
|Vehicles||Acura Integra Type R (Honda Integra Type R) • Acura RSX • Dodge Neon • Ford Focus • Honda Civic Si • Honda S2000 • Hyundai Tiburon GT (Hyundai Coupe) • Mazda Miata (Mazda MX-5 • Mazda RoadsterJP) • Mazda RX-7 • Mitsubishi Eclipse • Mitsubishi Lancer • Nissan 240SX • Nissan 350Z (Nissan Fairlady ZJP) • Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V • Nissan Skyline GT-R • Peugeot 206 • Subaru Impreza • Toyota Celica • Toyota Supra • Volkswagen Golf GTI|
|Traffic||Civil Car • Pickup Truck • SUV • Taxi • Van|
|Parentheses () denote vehicle names in European and Asian releases, JP denotes vehicle names in Japanese releases|