|Mode of Operation||
Large scale speed boost
Turbo gives the player an extra large amount of boost for a short period at the cost of handling and field of vision whilst making the player concentrate on the center of the screen. Turbo will not diminish the amount of Nitrous a player has.
The activation sound is a lot different compared to the nitrous activation noise. It sounds similar to a surging sound and is quickly followed by a loud jet thrust noise. The engine noises from the vehicle will also be considerably louder.
Turbo can not be deactivated after being triggered.
- Turbo can help players regain lead positions once activated.
- Turbo emits a green exhaust flame, instead of the regular blue colour of nitrous.
- After using Turbo without crashing into anything, the player will be awarded with additional bounty.
- If a racer activates their turbo system, the police dispatcher will say: "All units, we are detecting a power surge from the suspect. Be on guard."
- Higher Turbo levels will decrease activation time and increase duration.
- Nitrous can be built up whilst Turbo is being used.
- The initial charge rate of turbo is much longer than any other type of racer equipment.
|Equipment in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)|