Zack is explosive and brash as he is known for threatening police officers when pulled over. He also has more criminal offenses than his brother.
Zack attempts to attack the player after the race in anger but he is stopped by Hector. The player's federal handler - Chase Linh - describes Zack as a "strictly small-time player but trying very hard to be a somebody."
The player starts working for Zack after completing the Palm Harbor Rally. They must first beat him in a Highway Battle and then steal three cars for him before inevitably bringing him to custody in mission "The Trap."
He is later mentioned as being caught up in a job he didn't sanction by Carmen in the mission Hot Item.
Zack usually drives a black-and-orange painted Volkswagen Scirocco but drives a Volkswagen Golf R32 in the Palm Harbor Rally job. Zack is one of two antagonists alongside Brad "Nickel" Rogers to have their driver's license permanently revoked.
Zack's FBI file
- Name: Zack Maio
- Date of birth: January 28, 1987
- Nicknames/aliases: "The Timebomb Prince"
- Last known location: Palm Harbor
- Known acquaintances: Hector Maio & Carmen Mendez
- Excessive Speeding (9 counts)
- Reckless Driving (8 counts)
- Revoked Drivers License (permanent)
- Drunk and Disorderly Conduct (1 count)
- Underage Drinking (1 count)
- Assault and Battery (3 counts)
- Younger brother to Hector Maio
- Considered the heir to his brother's crew
- Explosive and brash; been known to threaten police officers when pulled over
- Under permanent protection with local crews out of respect for his brother
Zack Maio is portrayed by Joshua Alba.
- The Volkswagen Scirocco in Need for Speed: World was featured with a "Zack" style that resembled Zack's car in Need for Speed: Undercover.
|Need for Speed: Undercover - Characters|
|TCBPD||Player • Chase Linh • Jack M. Keller|
|Hector's crew||Hector Maio • Zack Maio|
|GMAC's crew||Gregory MacDonald • Rose Largo • Brad Rogers|
|Others||Chau Wu • Carmen Mendez|